The Federal Tax Authority in the UAE published a document called 'Get to know your Tax Obligations' to create more awareness regarding the Tax Obligations and right to recover input tax.
The topics covered are as follows:
- Do you need to register for Value Added Tax?
- Which supplies are subject to %5 VAT?
- Which supplies are subject to VAT at zero-rate?
- What are the supplies that are exempt from VAT?
- What records should you keep and for how long?
- Can I form a Tax Group?
- Creating and using your e-services account
- How do I calculate the VAT included in the amounts I receive from the client?
- What are your obligations after registration?
- Your Entitlement to recover input tax
- Contacting the FTA
The document can be downloaded from here:
Do you want to learn more about VAT in the GCC and are you looking for more in-depth information about VAT? Do you want to get a good understanding on the VAT concepts? Have a look at the study book here.